Going Green: Leading By Example
April 22 is Earth Day! Although it’s going to look a bit different this year, we’re just as proud to do our part in taking care of our immediate environment. At Ace ImageWear, we are committed to making our community a better place, not only for our families and friends, but for yours as well. We put extra time and effort into the things that are important to us, like our customers and our communities. That’s why we work hard every day to positively contribute to conservation efforts. With the health of our earth in mind, Ace has developed green initiatives to help create a better environment for everyone.
Industrial laundering and uniform rental programs themselves are actually a very eco-friendly choice. In fact, they are more environmentally friendly than home laundering. Our special wash formulas are designed for certain fabrics and soil conditions, and weighed loads and microprocessor-controlled detergent injection systems make the industrial laundry process highly water and energy-efficient.
Ace ImageWear's Green Initiatives
- Decrease our electrical consumption - all facilities were recently retrofitted with new T-8 high-efficienct LED bulbs.
- New solar panels supply approximately 15% of the electricity Ace uses.
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 25,000 tons over its lifetime.
- Reduce landfill waste with recycling programs for damaged mats, cardboard, paper, E-waste, and metals.
- Heat reclamation system captures heat from dirty water and uses it to warm incoming clean water, saving millions of BTUs annually.
- Thousands of pounds of oils, greases, and solids are removed from the water prior to discharge, helping to keep our waterways clean.
- Commercial laundering and reusing textiles (towels, mops, etc) is fundamentally green, reducing the amount of paper waste that ends up in landfills.
- Reuse and recycling of wire hangers reduces landfill waste.
It's the Little Things
Our Green Initiatives focus on saving energy, reducing waste and ensuring good water and air-quality for our communities. We believe taking these small steps to create a better environment will lead to a better planet for all of us. If you’re interested in taking steps with us toward building a better neighborhood for the generations to come, consider switching to Ace ImageWear today! Give us a call and we’ll work to find a uniform program that fits your needs.